83 letters from Bulawayo residents have been collected as part of the #MondayWaterAction #StandUp4WaterRights campaign which began on 25 January 2021.
The letters came from diffrent parts of the City and asked critical issues that include:
- Why are the Bulawayo supply dams still below 50% when dams nationally are at full capacity now and the rains are falling in Bulawayo?
- When is the Gwayi – Shangani Dam going to be completed?
- When is ZINWA constructing another dam for Bulawayo
- When is ZINWA expanding the Epoing Forest dam project?
- Does ZINWA have the capacity, plans and means of solving the Bulawayo water shortage problem?
- Why is ZINWA not ceeding its mandate to the Bulawayo City Council?
MIHR and BUWA have submitted the letters to ZINWA via Twitter and a writeup will also be done and submitted through email.
We thank the Bulawayo residents for their actie participation and we urge them no to tire to Stand Up for Water Rights as we continue next week with another nonviolent water action.
MIHR Coordinator and BUWA Secretary