Matabeleland Institute for Human Rights (MIHR) is a human rights non-profit and non-governmental organization based in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and exists to nurture and strengthen nonviolent civic engagement and social accountability to effectively protect and promote human rights in the country.
Vision: Our vision is of a just society where all people enjoy all their rights and freedoms all the time.
Mission: fostering nonviolent civic engagement to enhance the protection and promotion of human rights and freedoms by all communities in Zimbabwe.
Motto: “change individuals change the world”
- Nonviolent Discipline
- Active participation
- Gender equity
- Capacity building
- Research and documentation
- Nonviolent Civic Engagements
- Information dissemination
Strategic Focus (2021 – 2025)
- Climate Change, environment
- Social and Economic Rights
Current Campaign Projects
- Bulawayo Water Action (BUWA) began in April 2020
- Environmental Village began in May 2020
- Movement for Environmental Management Action (MEMA) began in December 2020
- Christians for Human Rights began in August 2021